Which One Is Good For You? White Rice VS Fried Rice
For centuries rice has been used as the staple food in different parts of the globe, especially in the Asian continent. People of Asian communities love rice, and there are many different ways to make a meal out of it.
Different nations treat the rice differently, which means that if the spices are used in a culture’s food more, the people of that culture will add the spices in the rice and vice versa.
It’s a huge debate now in different circles that which one of them is the best. Some emphasize one type, and the other supports the second one.
The different factors are included in the discussion of superiority, such as taste, health, and nutritional value.
The main issue between both white rice and fried rice is the way of cooking them in different scenarios and conditions.
So we will deep dive into it and try to understand both sides’ opinions so we can have a clearer picture.
The white rice is processed rice, also known as milled rice, whose germ, bran and husk are removed. This results in the change of taste, look and texture of the natural crop. This process helps to prevent any speedy spoiling of the rice grains.
White rice is relatively easy to digest and has a shiny look. White rice is rich in carbohydrates and then in proteins. Fat consists of a small portion per gram of white rice.
After removing the healthiest parts of the white rice in the milling process, it is questioned that the nutritional value of white rice is reduced to a much lower level.
So the health circle criticizes the compromise of the nutritional index of white rice in exchange for look and texture etc.
Although white rice lacks essential nutrients after its processing (milling) but here comes a good part. In the US and some other developed countries, white rice is enriched with some essential nutrients such as folate and iron etc.
How To Cook White Rice:
- You can simply cook in the traditional pressure cooker or a rice cooker as per the choice and availability.
- For every cup of white rice, there are about 2 cups of water. It is recommended to soak the rice in water for 20 to 30 minutes before cooking them.
- Then remove the starchy water and then rinse the rice until the water remains clear; this will indicate the removal of starch, so the texture will be preserved and so as the taste.
- Pour the water into the cooking pot, put the white rice in it, cover it with the lid, and press the rice cooker button you are using.
- Please note that plain white rice is normally ready in 20 to 30 minutes, so you have to take that into account.
- Rice cookers made it super easy to cook the tasty white rice with a great texture in tension-free cooking in few minutes.
- When the rice is ready, Rice Cooker auto shift to keep warm mode to preserve the freshness.
Checkout The Following Best Rice Recipes:
Some Of The Best Rice Cooker For White Rice:
You can choose the rice cooker as per your budget, and there are a ton of them in the market ranging from a simple one with a one-touch cooking option to the more advance multi-purpose rice cooker with digital controls.
Benefits OF White Rice:
Some of the Prominent Pros of White Rice are
Some Of The Best White Rice Brands Include:
Checkout The Following 3 Best Rice Brands For White Rice:
In contrast with the white rice, the fried rice is more in the spectrum of spicy, colorful and fancy dishes. There are many potential ingredients that could be added to them.
There are many types of fried rice ranging from vegetable rice, chicken, meat, prawns and fish added rice etc. The origin of this method of rice cooking was dated back to the Sui reign (China) in the 7th century.
Each type of fried rice has its own aroma, ingredients and way of cooking. The popularity of fried rice is expanded all across the globe, and it is now treated as a luxury food in top-notch restaurants and motels.
This Asian technique of making yummy rice is also very familiar in the US and Europe. It is now a symbol of Asian cuisines, and its different variants are attracting the foodies in the west.
It is common street food in various Asian countries; each country has its own versions
How To Cook Fried Rice:
- Take 2 tablespoons of the oil of your choice in the pan and heat it for 2 to 4 minutes, then add the chopped onion and make them brown.
- Then add 2 eggs into it with 2 spoons of soy sauce.
- When the egg is cooked in oil, add a little oil and reheat it for few seconds, then add the soaked rice (2 cups) with some boiled chicken cubes.
- After that, 1 chopped carrot with a bit of broccoli (chopped) is added.
- Stir fry them all for few minutes so the rice doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan and remain in contact with the pan from time to time.
- Usually, the meal will be ready in 4 to 7 minutes of frying.
- Now you can serve it to your family or friends.
Checkout The Following Best Fried Rice Recipes:
Healthy Or Not?
Here comes another side: fried rice is generally prepared in a wok, fry pan or in a simple pan with high flame.
It is a very difficult matter of discussion in the health communities. Each one has its own opinion regarding the fried rice.
Some support steaming rice as the healthiest way to treat them. This method saves most of the nutrients in them.
The foodies support the fried rice as it has a plethora of yummy ingredients, which give you the taste you want.
So in order to make a balanced approach, you need to care about the caloric values of the ingredients you are using in the fried rice as well as the type of oil you are using. This will significantly impact the diet you are consuming, and you will have the appropriate calories in your diet.
You need to use better good quality food oil, especially olive oil, which is best for your hearth as it is very light.
Also, take care of the amount of oil/fats you are using in their making. Use a high smoke point oil so your fried rice will not be overheated or burnt.
Peanut oil and canola oils are also exquisite because the first one has a nutty taste while the latter has a neutral one.
Some Final Words About White Rice VS Fried Rice:
So each of them has their own perks, fried rice are rich in taste and very flexible in terms of taste and ingredients whereas the white rice has their own taste and nutritional value.
It is better to learn about both of these incredible rice and try them from time to time ( in a proper way) so this way you will enjoy them and will preserve your health too.