For the past few years, a healthy diet has been in discussion on all social platforms and media. Grains, vegetables, keto diet, and oils all have a fair share in this trend.
Black rice and quinoa are the two popular grains that are famous for their best nutritional values. In this post, we will put light on the difference between Black rice and Quinoa. These two grains and will look that which one has the upper hand in the game.
What Is Black Rice?
Black Rice grain is considered a rare variant of rice that comes with a dark purplish color and is glutinous in nature. It is considered a food full of energy due to the high concentration of nutrients in it.
Black Rice was considered a very expensive food in ancient china and was believed that only royals could afford it. Jasmine rice also has a black variant, and it’s popular for its aroma and texture.
Black rice, sometimes also mentioned as forbidden rice, is filled with anthocyanin, which is considered a very nutritious ingredient. Research shows the connection of Japanese rice with black rice as there is a mutated gene resulting in the color change of rice.
Related Post: Black Rice Vs Wild Rice
Checkout The Following 3 Best Rice Black Rice Brands:
How To Cook Black Rice In A Rice Cooker?
- Take a cup of black rice and soak it in water for 2 to 3 hours and you will see the water turns darker, remove the water and rinse the rice so the water remains clear.
- Now take 2 cups of water or chicken broth in the rice cooker, place the black rice, and cover the lid.
- If the cooker has a brown rice option, you can select it; many advanced cookers also have a black rice option.
- Choose accordingly; you can also make it in a simple rice cooker with manual monitoring. Check in a timely manner and when the texture is fine, let it simmer for 3 to 5 minutes, and now your meal is ready to go.
Checkout The Following 3 Best Rice Cooker For Black Rice:
What Is Quinoa?
Quinoa is a grain full of essential nutrients and is also known as a superfood. It’s a seed from the quinoa plant and it’s homeland in Latin America.
Quinoa closeness to cereal grains makes it in the competition of them. It was the holy grain in the Inca Empire and came as food for centuries.
It gained popularity in recent times with the boom of body fitness and balanced diet hype.
Checkout The Following 3 Best Quinoa Brands:
How To Cook Quinoa In A Rice Cooker?
You can also make quinoa in a rice cooker.
- Soak it for about 30 minutes, so it becomes a little soft.
- Now for 1 cup of quinoa, you can use 1.5 cups of water.
- Put the water and quinoa in the rice cooker and start the cooking after covering with the lid.
- It will roughly take 15 minutes, and it’s ready to eat.
Checkout The Following 3 Best Rice Cooker For Quinoa:
You can cook Quinoa on the stove, too; for this, you need a deep pan; put the water and quinoa in it on a medium flame, so when the water starts to boil after a few minutes, the food is ready.
Which Is Better Black Rice Or Quinoa? Nutritional Comparison:
Quinoa has its own benefits, and Black Rice is also densely filled with nutrients. Amino acids are more abundant in the quinoa than the black rice.
- Black rice has more calories (146 cal) per serving than the quinoa (120 cal)
- Fat is negligible in black rice, and traces are found in quinoa.
- Carbs are more abundant in black rice (34g) than the quinoa (22g)
- Quinoa is filled with fiber more than black rice.
- Quinoa also contains more iron traces and proteins than black rice.
Overall, calories and carbs are more abundant in black rice, so broadly speaking, black rice provides more energy than quinoa.
But quinoa has its own fair share of ingredients that are essential for the healthy growth of the body.
Cooking Time Comparison: Black Rice Vs Quinoa :
There are many variants on both sides, so the cooking times are different from type to type.
Black rice cooks in a range of 25 to 45 minutes, depending on the portion size.
As it’s small in size, quinoa cooks in less time, about 15 to 20 minutes, depending on portion size.
Reading to this point, you have now noticed that black rice and quinoa are both very nutritious foods and have a wide range of benefits.
There is a close tie in our suggestion, and you need to add both of these to your food calendar so you can get the benefits of both of these grains.
Please do your research if you are sensitive to any of the ingredients present in any of these foods so you can avoid any problems.